Friday 17 October 2008

A Little More FP Daily Grind.....

My last blog post here this month, and today I thought I'd show you a layout that is little different from me.
I had some lovely bits still left from the other layout I did using the Daily Grind range, and wanted to do something in a different kind of style to my usual work.

You may by now have noticed that all pieces of paper I touch, just have to be inked around the edges.
It is like a compulsion. They do not look finished to me if they are just clean.

So for this layout, I made myself promise not to touch an inkpad.
And I didn't!!

I had quite a lot of the Cards paper left, so I cut it into all the individual card pieces.
I chose the 8 I wanted to use, and laid them out on the cardstock in the order I wanted to stick them down.
As each card measures 3 inches across, and I wanted to have 4 cards across the page and small gaps between them to show the base cardstock, I had to trim them all down a bit- on both of the longer edges.
Then using my corner rounder I rounded the top corners of the cards at the top of the page, and the bottom corners of the cards at the bottom of the page.

The cards were all then stuck to the page, trying to leave even gaps between and around them.
In the middle of the page I stuck down some of the Office Space paper. The piece I had left wasn't actually anything like wide enough to fit across the whole page, so I cut a small strip of one side, and stuck this to the very right of the page, and the rest to the left of the page. This gave the effect of the strip across the whole width.
I used a 6"x4" landscape photo, and stuck this to the right hand edge of the page in the middle between the two rows of cards.
Next I used two strips of some co-ordinating blue Bazzill card. I made decorative edges using the Fiskars Threading Water Border punch, and stuck these above and below the photo.

Lastly I added my title, using Pink Paislee cardstock alphabet stickers; and American Crafts Platforms Thickers in Red. I stuck these all on top of another of the Cards, trimmed after the word Love had been stuck onto it.

I wrote my journalling below the title.
And here is the completed page...

This layout is so different to me, but I love how it turned out.
It is a clean simple design, no fuss, no frills... and it used up a few scraps into the bargain.

Ok, so I have now gone and ordered some more of this range from Vanessa... but we can keep that between ourselves... can't we?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats fab Angie, such a great way to use the leftovers. And I love the strips done with the Threading Water Punch, I am desperate to have one of those.

Anita.xx