Thursday 15 January 2009

On my to do list!

I am really bad at saving different projects, cards and layouts that i see around the internet that i love, saving them and then not actually lifting them!

One of my 'new years resolutions for 2009 was to slowly go though the list and make some of them.

So for January here is my first one! A tag frame.

The first thing i had to do was to decided on the theme of the tags, and after about an hour of humming and not being sure one idea kept coming into my mind. Things that i love right now. I am always doing layouts and projects about my son and what he is doing and what he loves that sometimes i forget about me. And as this particular project was going to be hung in my scrapbooking room i went with things that mean alot to me. But i have to tell you starting this project was a bit intimidating, just trying to figure out how i was going to do each tag!, do i use the same paper line or match different ones together! but i finally got there!

I then made a list of what i was going to put on the eight tags. And let me tell you when you just sit down and think about it these things where hard to think off!!!!

1.Scrapbooking (obviously!)
2.Son
3.Husband
4.Extended family
5.camera
6.Friends
7.Wardrobe/clothes
8.My job

Now some of these may seems a bit weird to you like the clothes, but i will explain them later on in the post.

Because this project is made up from different seperate tags, i needed to keep some of the features on all of them the same to make sure that when you looked up them they visually all came together. So after completing my first tag and making sure i was happy with it i picked different elements that i duplicated over and over again on the other tags.


The first tag is - friends.
I am not a person who makes friends easily as i am fairly shy, so the friends that i do have mean so much to me.

Supplies -
Pattern paper - October afternoon, Scenic Route,Sandylion.
Cardstock - Bazzill white, kraft and dotted green.
Brads - Basic Grey
Gems
Lettering - Making Memories



I used the October Afternoon paper with the newspaper print on it as the base for this tag and then built the tag onto it. For the big flower i drew out the shape of the petal that i wanted, cut that out four times and stuck them on a small circle to make the shape i wanted then adhered to the tag.
It may be hard to see but the scalloped edges are not stuck down and i just lifted them up to create a dimensional effect.


Tag two - My husband. This one is obvious huh!! lol as to why it is in my frame.

Supplies -
Pattern Paper - October afternoon, Basic Grey, Sandylion

For the tags with people in it i wanted to make sure that i had a photograph on it. So i found my favourite photo of my dh and then printed it out to fit on the tag.


Tag three - Family

I am lucky to live near the majority of my family, especially my grandparents who need looking after.

Supplies -
Pattern paper - Basic grey, Sandylion
Cardstock - Bazzill Basic brown and white.
Bling - Prima
For the butterfly shape i used the butterfly chipbard shapes from Scenic Route. I had run out of the actual butterfly shapes, but i kept the remaining chipbard to use as a template as i love the shape of the butterflies.



Tag four - Work.

For a long while i was on sick leave and i was unable to work and was stuck in doors and the only person i would see during the day was the postman. So now that i am able to work again it is very important to me. Having work friends, a bit independence and getting out of the house. So hence why it is on my frame.

Supplies -
Pattern paper - Sandylion, October Afternoon
Cardstock- Bazzill Basics
Bling
Lettering - Heidi Swapp

Before i added everything onto my tag i ran the tag base (which i used kraft) though the cuttlebug dotted embossing folder. And then layered the rest of the paper on top.

Tag five - Clothes.
Some of you who have read my personal blog know that over the year of 2008 i was on weight watchers. Over this period i lost 3 stone. It was hard work and something that i am really proud of. Now when i go clothes shopping or i pull my clothes out of the wardrobe they are a size 10!!!!

THis is a big deal to me and something that i am still proud of hence why it is in my frame.

Supplies -
Pattern Paper - Basic Grey, Sandylion
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Lettering - Making Memories, Glitter American Crafts THickers
Embellishments - Maya Road


Tag six - My camera.
I know that every scrapbooker loves and cannot live without their camera and i am no exception. For a few months last year my camera had to go back to Nikon to be fixed and it wasnt until i was without it i realised how much i used and valued it.

I loved the combination of the aqua,pink and brown with a smidge of black and white thrown in. In fact this seems to be my favourite colour combination at the moment.



Tag seven - My son.

This one was a given really!!! lol. But i wanted to make sure that i used a photo of my son on this tag. So i picked out my favourite photo from christmas day and used that as the basis of the tag. I kept this tag fairly simple and left the focus on the photo.



Tag eight - Scrapbooking.
I know that this is just a hobby, but when i was stuck at home the online friendships that i made helped me thorough and this hobby kept me busy when the housework is done! as there is only so much i am willing to iron during the day lol!!!!! I have met a lot of good friends local and far away though this hobby so it means alot to me.


I wanted to keep this tag simple just like the extended family tag.

Here is the finished product.




I had so much fun making this frame. I was not able to find a box frame locally that was the right size so i had to order one, but when it comes it is going on my wall in my scrapbooking room for me to see everyday.
I was going to post the sizes of the tags, but really if you do it, it will be a different size depending on the size of the frame, photos or embellishments you want to use on them.

Any questions please ask :)

Thanks for looking!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just LOVE this, soooo much!!! It looks awesome!

Zarah said...

*worships slightly*
You ROCK!!!

Alyssa said...

WOW hun they are absolutly gorgeous.. what a wonderful idea :)

Laura said...

Your tags are absolutely gorgeous! :) I love especially the first one.. the colours are super fantastic!

Katy said...

Now this is simply stunning, this blog is amazing and so is your work. Love the idea to.

Thanks for all the info.

Katy xx

Nicole Martel said...

oh wow, those are beautiful!

Meg Giroux said...

These are soooo pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love your stuff. I miss you over at the Nook. I have this blog saved to my favorites and when I opened it tonight and saw the first tag, I thought, I bet that's Wendy posting. I keep trying to scrap lift your style, but I don't think I'll ever get to your level.

Jo Power said...

Wow what a beautiful keepsake. I love the colours and the idea well done. I wonder if I might be able to scraplift this idea?

kjjc said...

these are lovely. Love the colours and the way they all come together so well. Well done.Oh and I'm another one of those people that say I'' save something to lift the idea and then never do but I will if I may this time.