Wednesday 18 March 2009

Novelty Pottery

The Dream Street Remember the Moments range isn't just suitable for the quieter and more reflective subject matter of my other layout. I wanted to create a whimsical layout with the range about the novelty pottery money box in the shape of a cat which currently sits in pride of place on the windowsill!





For this layout, I started with a base of orange Bazzill cardstock, and layered up strips of the papers, some with torn edges. By adding some of the papers at an angle, it gives the layout a less formal look. I then cut some strips of the orange paper with scallop edged scissors, inked them and stuck them down horizontally at intervals. The photos were added slightly overlapping each other, and I stapled some lace and ribbons across the bottom of the photos to ground them on the layout.





I created a title using American Crafts Platform thickers and Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers. I adhered a row of buttons threaded with orange thread underneath the title, above each scallop of the cardstock. I added some journalling on offcuts of the green-blue paper, cut into strips, in the bottom right corner of the layout. These were raised on foam pads.





Finally, I added a small collection of Scenic Route label stickers in the corner of the layout and added a date and some other information.


No comments: