Friday 27 November 2009

The 4th Card: Fun and Easy to Make - with My Minds Eye!

If you are like me and love making Christmas Cards, but always find yourself with little time to do so, you will find this little recipe fun and easy. I have used the My Minds Eye - Colourful Christmas Collection. A small selcetion of the Patterened Papers in this range and a 12x12 sheet of the Die Cuts too.


Start with a plain card blank.

Cut with a square punch or die cutter 4 squares of the same size.


I like to ink my edges to help create a better contrast against the white card. I feel this finishes it off much better.


When using the die cuts, I like to sand the edges for a better finish before inking. I use a Basic Grey kit for this.


I then stick all 4 squares down. I've used 3d foam pads.

But obvioulsy you can use tape or glue too. And then I've added very basic embellishments using the die cut sheet to match. To finish I've added stickles glitter to add a touch of sparkly Christmas. And that's basically it.


Here are a slection simply using 3 sheets of paper and the dies cuts.



You can vary the design. Here I've added 3 diamantes and on the card at the back I brushed on some acrylic paint and let it dry before adding the 4 squares.



No comments: