Thursday 5 November 2009

Scrapping with ribbons

I have a mountain of pretty ribbon, but for some strange reason I never seem to use it. So when Ness asked me to focus on ribbon this month I was really excited to see what techniques I could come up with.

You can use ribbons to weave, hang, tie or attach. You can even stamp and print on thicker ribbons.

Attach safety pins to your ribbons. Hang little embellishments like charms on to your ribbons with the safety pins





I made a hole in the ribbon so I could could add a brad to make sure the ribbbon stayed secure where I had glued the two sides together

To finish off I used some bling


Instead of using brads, secure bookplates with ribbons at both ends, or turn the bookplate and use ribbons to hang the bookplate on your LO




Tie in a knot or bow and use a glue dot to adhere

Fold the ribbon and use staples to hold the folds in place

Here is a LO I made using ribbons and My Little Shoe Box papers

Using the Martha Stewart Simple Scallop Punch I punched a rectangle of My Little Shoebox Little Ladies - Michelle paper

Using a white pen I drew around the scallops

Then I took the ribbon that I had folded and stapeled and attached it to some lace
I then attached the lace to the scalloped paper
I cut a strip of My Little Shoebox Little Ladies - Jana paper and sprayed with glimmer mist and inked the edges

I cut my card to size, spritzed with brown glimmer mist attached the strip of ladybird paper and attached some ribbon to the edge with staples




Using the bookplate embellishment I made earlier I attached this to my LO using a brad
I added my photo and title
And here is my finished LO



3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous! I also have lots of ribbon yet it rarely makes it onto my cards - thanks for some great ideas, Jo x

Sarah xx said...

What great ideas. I have a whole box of ribbons but never quite know what to do with them - I do now, thanks so much for sharing! xx

Unknown said...

Awesome ideas! I have a ton of ribbon too! I linked to your post in my Friday Favorites. ~Lanie