Wednesday 13 October 2010

A little October Afternoon

You can't go wrong with a little October Afternoon! I find all their papers so versatile, and you can mix 'n' match between collections so easily, too.

I decided to go minimal with this layout, and used just a little of the more gentle patterns from the Fly A Kite collection, to keep the emphasis on the photos.

I began with cutting the papers to the sizes I wanted, and chose a neutral kraft cardstock as my background:



I then decided to round the edges to soften the look, inked them too, and added an extra strip to give the design some breadth:



Having laid it all out, it seemed the page lacked something, so I dug out a stamp roller I'd never even opened, and had a play, creating a dotty background. I used ink, but paint would work equally well, if not better, and you could use any sort of pattern stamp for this, or even bubble wrap:



I also ended up misting the top piece of patterned paper, to add a little bit of glimmer interest, which unfortunately doesn't come out well in the photos, you'll just have to imagine it!



Finally happy with the background, I laid out my photos, title and journalling, adding some bling, flowers and ribbon detail (find pins here). And here is that funny little passport face!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Great layout Nicky. I love using October Afternoon too!

lisa said...

Really cute. Love how you gathered the ribbon and added the pins. x

Sarah xx said...

Oh I love love this!! So simple but so cute - if I ever get round to scrapping again i am going to lift this!! xxx

laterg8r said...

such a cool idea to show your process - love this layout :D