Monday 27 December 2010

Sew Easy...

My second layout of the month is a page I made for my husband - I created a collage in Picasa of all my favourite photos of him and then enclosed them in a heart shaped border made of lots of parcels cut from one of the Jillibean Soup papers. I mounted some of them on foam pads to give the border a 3D effect.


I also used my Sew Easy tool to punch a border of holes that I threaded with embroidery floss. The Sew Easy tool is really handy if you like hand stitching on your layout - there are lots of different heads including scallop and criss-cross that you can attach to the same tool for different results. I hand drew my title using pencil and then punched and sewed this with floss too.

The finished layout is not too complicated (though cutting out the parcels and sewing the border was a little time-consuming!) but I'm really pleased with the result and will definitely try creating a border like this again using other shapes.

Apologies for the quality of the photographs - the perils of dark nights and artificial light!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LisiB said...

Great LO! Love it. What a fantastic idea. I was looking at buying the sowing tip but I read so many bad reviews on scrapbook.com that I did not order it. Are you happy with it? It said it did not leave a dent on cardstock paper. Thanks for your reply!
www.myschnipselblog.blogspot.com

CloClo said...

I am happy with mine - it helps if you have the mat they make to put underneath your layout and have a bit of practice first to get the pressure right - too hard and you might get a bit of a dent, but I didn't get anything when I lessened the pressure. It goes through bazzill a treat :) hope that helps