Wednesday 17 August 2011

Layer Up!!

Hi, It's Lisa with you today.

I've made a layered LO to show you.
I love the layered look. I love the process of adding colour and texture as I create.
This page 'Best Buddies' has been made using the My Minds Eye 'Lime Twist' papers and stickers, some Paint, Mists and homemade stencils.


Our first layer is paint. I like to use the Jenni Bowlin Acrylic Paint Dabbers here. But I don't dab with them. On this page, I have tipped the dabber up to empty some where I would like it to go on my cardstock.


And then I've taken a piece of card and started spreading from the top and move the piant down the page towards me. I like this effect.

Once the paint is dry, I layered up some of the Lime Twist Papers forming a base for my photos to go on. I've also added some of the matching stickers.
I then decided to add some random misting.
I took a small hole punch and punched out some holes in a 6x6 piece of pp. Then laid this on my page where I wanted to mist. I covered up the rest of the page first as I didn't want my photos to get misted and then lightly sprayed over.



When you remove the punched piece of paper, you are left with this look.



I have then done the oppisite at the bottom of the page.
The circles that were punched out have been placed on the LO (the rest of the page covered up again) and then misted over.

I also like to layer up my stickers. I've stuck the stickers onto the coordinating papers and cut around and some of them have been stuck onto the page using 3d foam tape for extra dimention.


I punched out some more circles from the Lime Twist papers and printed my journal strips on the pc.


I hope you like the layered look and feel inspired to give it a go : )

Thanks Lisa x

No comments: