Tuesday 8 May 2012

'The Scrap Cake' papers...part II

Lou here again with two more LO's using the new papers in store from The Scrap Cake. These gorgeously feminine papers are created by Karola Witczak, and if you have ever seen her scrapbooking style, you will understand how beautiful they are!


The papers are predominantly flowery, but with both pink and blue shades, and chicken wire effects on some, it wouldn't be difficult to use them for a boys layout too.


I teamed the papers up with corrugated card and some Prima flowers and resist canvas leaves for a really natural look. The sheet of circle sentiments are perfect to cut out and use on either a scrapbook page or card.


To echo the alphabet printed on the base sheet, I used some old letter stickers as a mask and spritzed pink glimmer mist onto the background before removing the letter stickers again. To make these stand out, I then traced around the letters with a white gel pen.


My second layout looks full of detail, but really, with these papers, it takes just a few elements cut out to add plenty of detail to a page.

I cut out four of the sentiment frames, and some clusters from the flowered paper. It took no time at all, and with a title and some eyelets and twine, the layout was soon complete.



So there are my four pages I created using the Scrap Cake papers. I hope you enjoy playing with them as much as I did!

No comments: