Sunday 3 June 2012

Using 'Art Parts'

Hi there... its Lou here demonstrating an alternative way to use a new product we have in stock called Studio 490 Art Parts. These are thick, durable chipboard pieces, in a natural colour, that come in pack ready to put together in all sorts of shapes. The pack I chose was the Large Circle and Large Square Frames.

The idea with this particular pack is to layer the blocks and frames up to assemble two 'frames' to decorate, similar to that on the front of the packet.
However, as soon as I saw them I knew that I wanted to use each shape separately to mount photos onto and create a photo collage...


I used hot glue to hold all the pieces together where they overlapped, and to stick down all the embellishments.


The photos were glued down to the chipboard shapes with PVA glue, and when dry I sanded the edges and brushed a black inkpad around them to define them.
My crop-a-dile was strong enough to punch holes through the thick board for the eyelets.

And my favourite embellishment of all has to be this new Pink Paisley 'London Market' Spool Button. They come in a pack of 12 and i have simply attached a knotted length of twine to it.

There are many different packs of Art Parts available online, so why not have a go at creating an altered piece of art for your home?

3 comments:

Carol Plume said...

What a great idea Lou - fab piece x

Anonymous said...

that is amazing, i will have to try something similar!

wendy vecchi said...

this is absolutely...GREAT!
I LOVE IT!