Monday 9 September 2013

The Urban Traveler...

...That's the name of this collection from Simple Stories.

Simple Stories always have such fantastic and easy to use collections.
Fun and bright double sided papers like this.

Let's Go


They also include journaling card 12x12 papers which are great for scrapbooking, project life pages, cards and mini books. They make life so much easier.

Journaling Cards


Then there's also the Title, Border and Strip Elements. These are also wonderful to cut up and add to projects.

 Title, Border and Strip Elements


And then to top it off there's the 12x12 sticker sheets. Full of alpha's and cute stickers.

Expression Stickers

 
Can you see why I love Simple Stories so much?

I have made a LO to show you using this 'Urban Traveler' collection.
I wanted to capture a little road trip that we took during our trip to Florida last year.



These papers are so perfect.
I wanted to use lots of the fun elements, so needed a plain background to start.
Thankfully you can also get the Basics Papers.
These will match the rest of the collection, but aren't quite so busy.

I used the 'Title & Border Strip' . As it measures 12x12 it was too big to fit on my LO as I wanted space around it, so I cut it and then overlapped the paper to reduce the size.

 
I cut some of the strips from the same paper and layered them up at the side, using some 3d foam tape.
I then started on the sticker sheet.  I made a couple of little flags using 2 of the smaller stickers and 2 cocktail sticks. I changed the colour of the sticks by rubbing a little Distress Stain over the wood.
The Distress Stains have a sponge top so it's a very easy way to add a little colour and it dries quick too. 

 
 
I've then cut up other parts of the papers that match and used more of the stickers to finish this page.
 
For my journaling strips, I've printed them on to normal printer paper using a free typewriter font. Cut the paper in to strips and crumped lightly. Inked the edges slightly and stuck them down leaving some parts of the strips unstuck so they still keep that crumpled look.
 
 
I don't think I could pick a favourite if I'm totally honest. I just love them all so much.
I really recommend you take a look if you aren't familiar with this manufacturer. There really is something for everyone.
 
Enjoy!!
 
Lisa xx


No comments: