Monday 17 March 2014

Faux blackboard

Hi its Carol with you today - I'm always on the look out for something new to try and incorporate into my craft. I really like the look of the blackboard style which is very current at the moment so I've tried this faux method….and made this simple card…



I took a piece of black bazzil and cut it to the size I wanted, using a standing block I filed back the ridges a little…(don't over do this as it will just make holes in your paper and also instead of adding a "rubbed off white chalk effect" it will look more distressed) I then rubbed my bazzil down with a baby wipe to remove all dust…using an embossing ink I stamped a very simple flower stamp and then heat embossed with white embossing powder…. Happy birthday was treated in the same way… using a white pencil I gently scribbled over the background rubbing gently with my finger as I went…. white pen doodles around the edges finished off my blackboard piece.  I've added black washi tape, small pearls and some stamping with grey ink to finish it all off…

Thank You for popping in today.

No comments: