Friday 19 December 2014

Best Day Ever

Hi, It's Lisa with you today.

As we near towards the end of the year, I like to think back to some of my favourite days that we've had. One that stands out in particular was a day at one of the Disney Waterparks in October.
Typhoon Lagoon.
We met friends there and just laughed all day.
Hot sunny weather, good company, a lazy river and ice cream.
Who could ask for more????

I documented this day here.

 
I didn't have much of a plan for this LO. It just all came together. I was feeling arty and started on the background. I loosely based my colour combo on the photos.
I started by tearing some old book pages and gluing to the LO and painting gesso over the top and left it to dry.
 
I dipped my paintbrush in some acrylic paints and then in a pot of water and let them drip over the LO. I did this with different colours. Some of them I swished over the page a little and then dried off.
The splashiness kind of goes with the water I guess : )
 
I inked up a couple of my Kaisercraft background stamps too. These are great. I think they are really good value for money. There are quite a few to choose from here.
 
 
I already had these Mini Placemats in mind from Jillibean. I'd placed them to one side to use.
I've got quite a few of these now and really enjoy using them. They are great to use on cards and PL pages too. I used 2 on this LO.
  
 
I have to show you the bucket of ice cream that we shared. Yes that whole bucket is full of an ice cream sundae. I'm not a big fan of ice cream but that was amazing. It tasted homemade.
 
So do you have a  favourite day from this year that you are going to scrap?????
 
xx

No comments: