Monday 1 December 2014

Welcome December…..

Hello, Carol with you today as we head into the last month of the year….with most of us frantically making those Christmas cards, tags and presents that we thought we had time for…will we do it? I am usually finishing off those "special" cards on Christmas Eve Eve!!

So, I thought that I would share with you a quick tag that I've made…

 

I started by cutting  a tag from cream cardstock, or you could use a ready cut tag, tape your tag to one of the fantastic new Christmas stencils from Tim Holtz, I have used the holiday knit stencil using festive berries distress ink and evergreen distress ink and a blending tool add colour to the tag, over blending in some areas….ink the edges with the festive berries ink…

For the poinsettia - this is made using the poinsettia bigz die….for this large size I have used all of the die cuts,  using this versatile die means that you can mix and match the sizes so that you can make a flower thats the right size for your project - for this one I have cut a large green set of leaves, large, medium, small and centre in red….I then cut out two of the red leaves and fixed these to the large green so that you have 3 green and 2 red on the base level - Ink the edges with walnut stain distress ink and then painted a layer of crackle paint in rock candy over the leaves and left to dry…. once dry build up your flower glueing each layer in place, I have used a button for the centre…. I have added a strip of washi tape and then added  my poinsettia - add a couple of pins and then some elements from the Graphics 45 tags and pockets pack

All elements are available from the shop just click on the links.

Thank you for looking today.

No comments: