Monday 9 February 2015

GET READY FOR VALENTINES

Hi, Carol with you today, with a gift box idea for your Valentine…

I started off by taking a couple of small circular boxes…I painted each one with acrylic paint making sure I kept the paint thick enough to coat but not too thick that it soaked the box..

I then cut two hearts out of mountboard and then another couple of hearts out of the gorgeous new carta bella "words of love" papers which is now in store… I then adhered the two together.


Using a red distress ink I edged the hearts and then doodled around the edges using a black pen.  I then stamped the work "love" on a piece of cardstock, edged it with red ink and then matted and layered onto red and then black cardstock…. I then added book text and washi tape, flowers, a die cut scroll and bling to finish off my "red" box.


Pop some tissue paper inside and its all ready for your valentine gift...



I also made a  "masculine" box, (once I started on this box I changed my mind about the cut heart so…) once again I cut a heart die shape from mount board and then painted the same colour as the box - I then added some washi tape  and a piece of inked carta bella "words of love"  paper along with a small piece of maya road red netting…. I also added three Tando creative stars which had been painted, doodled and then given a coat of crackle glaze..



Once again I added some tissue paper….


…and here are my two boxes...



TFL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty boxes. Like the many detils on them.