Wednesday 8 April 2015

Gelatos part 2

Hi, Carol with you today.

Whilst playing in my craft room, I wondered, as you do, if gelatos would react enough with water to drag a tag thro to create a colourful background - only one way to find out…so, I took three sticks of these wonderful colours and scribbled on my non stick craft mat and added water (I mixed these to make a paste) I then took a cream coloured tag and spritzed a little water onto it and then dragged it thro' the mix on my mat…the result is….


In some of the packs you get a blending tool, I used one of these to add extra colour to the edges and add some more colour into the empty patches….. this tool is really great and blends the colours really well and cleans easily too so that you don't get any colour contamination.

I then scribbled some colour onto my mat, added water and stencilled thro' an alphabet mask once the paint was dry I added black pen to the outline - this just adds a bit of definition to the background.  Using the same technique I added paint to stamps from Emma Godfrey 02 Paperartsy set and stamped onto the background.  Using versafine black ink I stamped the circles with text, "too funny" and "today" elements onto cream card, cut out and added edging using the blending tool and a brown gelato…  the main image is from Paperartsy EM14 - this was stamped onto cream cardstock and painted using the watered down gelatos, once dry glossy accents was added to his middle and his eyes….washi tape finished off my tag…



All products can be found in the shop….check out the great range of gelatos here

TFL

No comments: