Tuesday 5 May 2015

Fly Away travel journal

Hi
Tracee here today to share with you a Journal cover that I decorated using the gorgeous Atlas Collection by Pink Paislee.

 
I found in my stash a Kraft covered chipboard journal and thought it would be great to use as a way to record my America trip this summer.
I first created a large tag using cardstock and some of the cut aparts from the Take flight sheet
I painted roughly around the edges of the journal, leaving some areas where a little of the kraft colour still shows through, added a little bit of newsprint washi tape and then layered up the background.
I used the spare cut off strips from the Destination title and tucked them here and there to give the impression of more layers (I am frugal to the last)
 
 
I used the Tag pack and tucked a couple of them into the pocket that I had created from the destination title piece, I used hemp twine to make pulls for the tags and I can add photos or tickets to them at a later date.
 
I will be back later in the month to share a few more projects that I have created using this collection and a few bits from the April kit that I had left over.
 
Have a Happy Scrappy day and don't forget to pop over to the shop to pick up all your supplies.
 
 
 
 


No comments: