Thursday 22 October 2015

Wickedly Wonderful - Crate Paper After Dark

Hello, its Julie here with my favourite time of year Halloween!!

I used the gorgeous new Crate Paper collection After Dark to create a spooky Halloween layout.


I used quite a few elements to create this fun busy layout.  I firstly used a coral spray stain to colour a sheet of Haunted paper to co-ordinate with some of the elements I would be using.  I used a piece of Marmalade Bazzill cardstock as a base for my layout and inked the edges using Black Soot Distress Ink and a Swiss Cheese border mask stencil.   To finish the background and to create a balance to the main layout I cut a doily using my BigShot Plus and cut it in half and placed it at opposite ends of the Haunted paper.

For the main layout I cut apart pieces of October and Spellbound papers to create a tag background for my main photograph.  I also used a Tim Holtz rosette die  to create rosettes to frame the picture using pieces of Trick or Treat and Night Owl paper.  I also fussy cut around and owl to create a centre for the rosette.


To add a little bit of 3d I used a Dusty Attic Pumpkin chipboard piece and inked it with Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade distress ink and a layer of Glossy Accents  to create a spooky 3d pumpkin.



I used frames from the fabulous ephemera pack and accent stickers to frame all three photos on the layout and I also used pennant flag stickers from the collection and I fussy cut a little garland from Fright and Fun paper to create a link between the photographs.  The accent stickers also came with a lovely black and gold alpha that I used to create the small title Wickedly Wonderful.


Happy Halloween!

No comments: