Wednesday 3 February 2016

memory box

 
For this post I'm using some old papers I've had for some time mainly from different lines by crate paper. A close friend has just had a baby girl and I wanted to make something unique, personalised and special. So I decided on a memory box. seeing as I'm absolutely no good at woodwork I purchased a plain gift box from paperchase which I primed with gesso and painted with a cream chalk paint. The lid has been decorated with lots of coordinating papers.
 


A good friend with a silhouette kindly cut out some flamingos for me and I decided on with one I liked the best, which I now have as  a template. So armed with my template drew around it and made a patterned paper flamingo. Used flower paper punches, buttons and tim holtz tag die bookplate. I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of the square, its wing and beak. Her name is created with lawn fawn alphabet stamps and finally a small tag to finish it off.

1 comment:

Tracee said...

What an adorable gift! Tx