Monday 1 August 2016

Daddy's Girl - Blue Fern Studios and Kaisercraft

 Hello again, Anita here today.
Do you have certain photo's that you are happy to scrap more than once? I do ....and this is one of them. Me with my Daddy, when I was just a toddler and my parents had a photographer come to our home for a little photo shoot.
(Apologies for the poor quality and slightly off set photo of the layout, I am having a few technical problems at the moment)
I decided I would mix up a couple of manufacturer's papers for this layout and I have used both Blue Fern Studios (Tranquility) and also a little bit of Kaisercraft (Cottage Rose).




I took a sheet of Tranquility - Hushed  and used a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page set and some scalloped edge scissors all around the edge of the sheet, I then stuck it to a sheet of Juneberry cardstock  so that there is a little frame of deep, dusty pink. I also used the same card to die cut some branches with leaves and I dry brushed then with white acrylic paint....I also dry brushed the photo edges to give a softer feel to it.

I wanted to add lots of texture and dimension to my page so created a fabric photo mat using cheesecloth, layered up and mixed with texture paste. I then spread some texture paste onto a square of bubble wrap and stamped it onto the page. Before the cheesecloth and stamped area dried, I drizzled some Microbeads in various colours on and they set as it dried.


I had some flowers to use but felt that the black one was too harsh for the page....this was soon remedied by spritzing it liberally with a Cosmic Shimmer spray mist  
....end result much prettier and co-ordinates much better with the page I thought.


I made some bunting using various frames cut from a sheet of Kaisercraft Cottage Rose - Framed and tied them together using lace which was then knotted at each end. The little girl on the bottom left of the photo was cut from a sheet of Tranquility - Calling Cards and I also printed out some various butterflies to use on the page, to which I added some pretty crystal swirls, leaving delicate trails behind them..
Once again it's been a pleasure scrapping with Blue Fern Studios.....and you can find all their products and many others besides all over at Papermaze.

Wishing you all a super, summery August.
Anita xx


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beautiful layout - love all the details Anita. Lynn x