Wednesday 31 August 2016

Kaisercraft - Mademoiselle Collection - Part 2

Hi Lynn here! Back with a second post and two projects I have created with Kaisercraft Mademoiselle collection papers. I made a scrapbook layout and a framed picture.

Tempus Fugit Layout


Time certainly did fly for our four day break in New York City last year, and since we returned as this is the first layout I have made using the photos form the trip. We visited Grand Central Station one evening and would have liked to have gone back to see it inside in better light, but we did manage to take a few photos. 

For this page I picked out the time and butterfly elements from this line of papers. I used the wood grain paper (Mahogany) for the background and gutted a piece from the centre to use as one of my many photo mats. I cut a 11.5" x 7.5" piece of Timepiece (reversed) and arranged this about 1" from the top. Then taking strips of other papers I tucked them behind the top and bottom of the first piece. I used papers left over from my canvas project - Blossoms and Mannequin, then added both sides of a new sheet - Floral Spray.  All these papers were heavily distressed.


I cut some of the smaller butterflies from the Flutter paper and clock faces and flowers from the rest of the Timepiece sheet. Several of the smaller clock faces were taken from the Mademoiselle Sticker Sheet, these were given a glassy effect by adding a thick layer of Glossy Accents. 

A gold doily was cut up and the sections were tucked between the photo mats and under the tears created in the layers of papers.


I used a Tando Creative Small Clock Face to the top left of my photo, having first treated this with gold embossing powder, then a sprinkling of Stampendous Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel which also gave the piece some extra sparkle!


I layered my photo up on various papers (scraps) cut to roughly the size of my photo - Mahogony, Threadwork and Blossoms, these were also heavily distressed.

To finish off a little Liquid Pearls and Stickles - the title was created with some old Making Memories Rub - On letters from my stash.


Framed Butterfly Picture


I saw an idea in the July Kaisercraft Work Shop Magazine (downloadable from the link), using one of their frames and covering it with papers and centering the large butterfly from the Flutter paper inside. I already had a deep RIBBA frame from IKEA and thought it would be good to keep the paper uncut for the bottom layer and leave my frame and mount white.  I cut another large butterfly from the second sheet and stuck it down but the body using glue. I then built up the wings with 3 dimensional foam pads. The details were highlighted with Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearls and Stickles glitter glue. 

close up view

Please visit the shop by following the links to find the products used.

Back next month with a review of Ranger's New Enamel Accents.

Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: