Monday 15 August 2016

Marvellous Metallics

I am a great fan of patterned papers, infact, if I am honest, I really struggle to use plain cardstock full stop. And even with pattern papers I often find it hard to keep them *clean* by not inking, spraying or painting them somewhere! I really like using acrylic paints on my pages and often just use standard matt colours.....so i thought I would break out my metallics this time and jazz up a sheet of Blue Fern Studios paper from the Tranquility Range.....I didn't manage to stop at just using metallic paints though as you will see!


This photo was taken on a holiday to the beautiful Camber Sands a couple of years ago and was on our last evening there. The sunset was very pretty and I wanted to try out the self timer on my new camera..... and i really liked how the photo turned out so thought I would scrap it.





I created the background by sponging acrylic paint in various metallic shades onto some bubble wrap and stamping it onto the page....I then repeated this, but used the gilding flakes glue instead and then added the flakes to the page and to some strips of paper.




The title was created by using letter stickers, which I sponged paint over and then when dry I peeled up the letters and threw them away( this is a good way to use old stash and also doesn't matter if they are from different sheets in different colours)  and using a fine marker pen, I edged the letters to make them stand out a bit more. It was great to actually use up some old stash that I have coveted for soooo long!!



I also used some Distress Stain dabbers in various places and added several mixed pearls, gems, metal photo corners and other bits and bobs to complete the page.



Do you use acrylic paint very often? And if so, do you tend to use standard colours or do you like metallics too?

Thanks for looking.
Warmest Wishes
Anita xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

This is stunning Anita.