Thursday 10 November 2016

Doodlebug Here Comes Santa Claus

Hello there, Julie here kicking off the festive season!

When I saw the gorgeous, whimsical new Doodlebug range Here Comes Santa Claus I knew I had to use it for a blog post but how to use these bright colours and patterns?  I really wanted to use the Christmas Countdown of paper to make an advent calendar, I even went as far as mounting the paper onto cardstock and cutting out all the doors however the end result just wasn't working for me.  As crafters I think sometimes ideas come to us and they don't always finish as we intended however, I encourage you to either tailor what you have done or try again.  In my case I went through my boxes of supplies and found an old advent calendar that I had never constructed and decided to work from there.




I used the wonderfully festive Happy Holly Days as a background for my roof and used the Christmas Countdown paper for the doors.  I then used some enamel dots for accents between the doors.  To add a little bit of interest at the peak of the roof I added some Jolly Holly washi tape to match the paper.  This washi tape is such lovely quality and there is so much of it!




For the edges of the roof I used gold glitter card from the shop.  It is brilliant quality and die cuts go through it beautifully.  I actually used a small cloud die to create the edging for the roof.  To make a continuous cut, I used a low tack tape to tape the cloud border to the card and ran it through my Big Shot, I then moved the die along and taped it down again until I had a length of roofing that I wanted.  I then went one step further and added some Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste through a Creative Expressions Small Polka dots mask to imitate snow.



To add a little bit of interest I used the fabulous Icons Stickers that were released to match the collection.  There are so many stickers on each sheet it is great value for money!  I also sprayed the front of the advent calendar house with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist that gives a lovely shimmer to the front of the house.



I hope you enjoy this project and I encourage you to have a look through your stash and see what is there that can be altered for a festive project!  See you later this month with another festive project using this wonderful collection.

Products that I used:-

Doodlebug Here Comes Santa Claus collection
Big Shot
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste
Creative Expressions Mask
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 

Thanks for looking xxx

No comments: