I gave each box a light rub down with sand paper and then treated it to a quick coat of off-white acrylic paint. I kept the base plain this time as I wanted to dedicate each box to the colour of the papers it would store - I intended to display the colour in the images rather than the background.
The next step was to stencil (PaperArtsy) some images with Distress Paint. Then once this was dry I added stamped images and letters onto the box and the cartridge paper.
The images on the paper were painted using Distress Inks and Markers, with a brush and water. I cut them out and used Gel Medium to stick them to the boxes. The finished boxes were treated to a covering of the Matt Gel Medium to protect them.
The boxes were finished off with a little sparkle from Stickles and texture and shimmer from Liquid Pearls.
This will be an ongoing project, I have completed some and others are in the process of being completed - but you get the idea. I will add photos to this post as I go - so pop back later to see what I did with the rest.
Thanks for looking