Wednesday 30 August 2017

Art Journaling with Scrapbook Paper

Hello all,

I have a little something different to share with you today! I'm still using the French Flea Market Collection  for this project, however this time I decided to use my new art journal and mix it up with some watercolour. I didn't even use a photo on this spread, I just went with what I felt like creating!


I bought this sketchbook for £1, cut it down to traveler's notebook size, and I was ready to go! I started by just having fun with the background, using lots of water to allow the colour to move around and blend. I used colours that matched the hues in this floral paper from the Flea Market collection; I knew I wanted to use this sheet somehow in the spread. A top tip is to leave each layer of watercolour to dry before adding more, and go from the lightest colour to the darkest; I have a handheld heat tool to speed up the drying process! 


Once I was happy with the colour of the background, I tore up the scrapbook paper in a random fashion (tearing it towards me, to create that fluffy white edge!) and layered it up on the pages. There's no real rhyme or reason for this, I just thought it would look nice! That's the fun of art journaling for me, there are no rules. I used a pocket and journaling card on the right-hand side, decorated with a sticker from the 12x12 sticker sheet, just to add a few thoughts I had while creating the page. (This was quite personal, so I've flipped the card over for the photos!)


To add a bit of interest, I decided to layer up some watercolour leaves with little floral stickers from the sticker sheet, and some fabric leaves from Prima. I finished the pages with my usual additions of enamel dots, tiny word stickers and some doodly borders.

There you have it! A super simple art journaling page, which was a lot of fun to create. I really hope you enjoyed taking a look at my process.
Chloé







No comments: