Monday 14 August 2017

One for the men...

Hi Carol with you today…. this time of the year really pushes me, creatively, with two male birthdays within 10 days! So, with my thinking cap on I thought I would make a male themed card for my post today….


Using a 6x6 card blank as my base I cut sheets of paper from the Prima Vintage Emporium 6x6 paper pad.  Using black soot distress ink and a sequin waste stencil some texture was added to the cut sheets of paper.  The base sheet was adhered flat to the card base….some string was wrapped around the smaller sheet and then fixed to the base using silicone gel.  

I made an error with the cogs, I checked the shop and thought I saw them there so went ahead and used them, unfortunately they are not, however, I have found these chipboard cogscogs die and Tim Holtz gadget gears which would work brilliantly - cut out using chipboard/thick board (save the backs of your paper pads for this - great recycling!!).  The cogs were painted using acrylic Paint in golds/browns/and black and dry brushing over with turquoise and orange.  Metal elements were then used to add some "manly bling" - a stamped sentiment was embossed with Gold embossing powder onto black cardstock and then adhered using silicone gel.

TFL xx

No comments: