Friday 29 September 2017

Kaisercraft - Factory 42 - Part 2

Hi! Lynn here today - with my second post using the versitile Factory 42 collection from Kaisercraft. My first post used just the 6.5" x 6.5" Paper Pad, this time I have made a layout and used some 12" x 12" paper and some stickers, together with more from the paper pad (details below).


This photo of my Dad was taken in his darkroom developing photographs of Mum. Probably late in the 1950's. Not a brilliant photograph but well worth preserving this memory in my scrapbook. I can remember this room from my early years, and in 1968 it was turned into a bedroom for my baby brother!


 The paper I chose for the base of this layout is called Machine, and I used the reverse side, with the bluish-grey hezagon pattern. I mounted the photo onto a another image the same but slightly larger. The two photos were mounted onto some gold matt cardstock. 
 
I used a sheet of paper from the 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad to display the photos as this was grey in colour and had some gogs along the sides.


Using Sizzix Thinlits, Tim Holtz, Alterations, Gearhead dies I cut a lot of cogs - I used cardstock and all 22 dies in the set twice! Then all the diecuts were heat embossed with a selection of embossing powders and enamels in metalic colours. This meant I had plenty to select from and more to use on another occasion. I used the large corner dies made up of many cogs in to opposite corners of the paper pad paper.


  Two large kraft Tags (Ranger Inkssentials #8), were tucked behind the mounted photo.  I did a little doodling and inked the egdes of these first. I also used them for a little journalling.

As photography was my theme I used some Kaisercraft acetate filmstrips from the Keepsake collection.  


 Other items used are:
Twine
Distress Inks in various colours
The Sticker Sheet from the Kaisercraft Factory 42 collection
Metal Key embellishments from my stash.

Papermaze have put together a Bazzill Plain Matchmaker pack of five sheets of cardstock in co-ordinating colours to go with this collection.

This collection also works well with several other Kaisercraft collections:
Barber Shoppe
Just Landed
Base Coat
&
Antique Bazaar

I will be back with some male cards using the paper pad next month.
Thanks for looking

Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Super page Lynn, loving all the embellies xx