Monday 11 September 2017

Prima St Tropez

I'm going to be working with the stunning St Tropez collection by prima. Armed with a sheet of patterned paper from the collection (plage de la bouillabaisse) i Coated the plainer grunge side with transparent gesso as i knew that i would be adding inks and  misting. Priming the page allows me to add lots of mixed media with the paper remaining stable.
After priming i used a stencil and molding paste, you should be able to see this in one of the close ups. Once dry i added my inks and just kept layering the colours till i was happy with it. Stamped a splatter image with  vintage photo distress oxides ink pad and then let my background air dry. 


Mounted my photo on to french sands patterned paper from the 8x8 paper pad and went about layering with pieces of dusty attic fish net which I've had in my stash for ages, metal cogs, a tag, strips of patterned paper, Tim Holtz film strip, tissue tape and staples. The stamped star image and compass is a free stamp in one of the magazines that thought would work well with the layout.


here are close ups of the page. Hope to create more with this collection as it lends itself to lots of mixed media projects


No comments: