Wednesday 11 April 2018

Why I Love My Travler's Notebooks


Hi!! I'm Lisa and today I thought I'd do a post for you telling you why I love my Traveler's Notebooks so much.

If you haven't heard of Traveler's Notebooks, this here is one of mine. It's like a folder with notebooks within. This one has three.

 
 
There are elastics inside to keep the notebooks in but it also means that they are easy to remove.
 
You decorate the pages as if they were your 12x12 pages. Just the same but on a smaller scale.
And if you were wondering how much smaller....
 

Here I have 2 Traveler's Notebooks on the bottom left of my shelf, each with 3 notebooks inside. You can easily compare the size to my traditional 12x12 albums now.
The space saving is amazing!!
But saying that, I do still love my 12x12's, but I'm finding myself reaching for my Notebooks more and more now, especially for the every day stuff.

Before I move on and show you a couple of pages that I've just made, I thought I'd point you in the direction in the store, so you can have a better look at the notebooks.     


You can view them here.

The inserts and the 'doc it journals are the notebooks that go inside. I tend to keep one notebook per project. So I have the Mickey one for my Disney trip, another for everyday stuff, another for friends...that kind of thing.

 
I've created a couple of pages for this blog post using some of the Pinkfresh Studio papers here. 
I'm a huge fan of Pinkfresh Studio. Their designs are so 'fresh' funnily enough, just light, happy and easy to use.
 
  
I do have a thing for scalloped edges. I took this 12x12 here....so yes, I still use my regular scrapbooking stash in my Traveler's Notebook....and I fussy cut one of the scalloped strips to add along the bottom.
 
 
 
I hand drew my 'US' and cut it out. In fact everything on this page is cut out from 12x12's. There's a lot of fussy cutting here. The papers are so much fun though, I love doing this. The leaves...the arrows....
 

....and the hearts. Look at this heart paper here. I love it so much!!
I had a little scalloped piece leftover, so I popped that in here too.


So that was a double page, then I went on to create a single page too using the same papers.



    I created my own title once again and cut out.
 
 

And I cut out more hearts and printed off my journaling to stick in. I like that clean look.

I did a video recently about creating in my Traveler's Notebook, so if you would like to hear more, the video is here.

 I hope this has been helpful and if you are new to Traveler's Notebooks, I recommend giving them a go. It's so much fun documenting on a smaller scale. It makes a great change.

Lisa x

 
 
  
 


1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks fabulous! LOVING the colors and the hearts!!